Dehumidifier, Comm/Ind, 149 Pints, 115V
Average Rating: 5
|Capacity/24 Hrs. @ 60% RH||70 pt.|
|Capacity/24 Hrs. @ 90% RH||150 pt.|
|Humidity Range||30 to 90 RH|
|Ambient Temp. Range||40 to 95 Degrees F|
|Defrost Type||Hot Gas|
|Refrigerant Type||R-410 A|
|Refrigerant Charge||19.79 oz.|
|Max. Lift||10 ft.|
|Power Cord Length||10 ft.|
|NEMA Plug Configuration||5-15P|
|Application||Removes Excess Moisture From The Air To Prevent Mildewing, Musty Odors, Sweating On Walls And Windows, And Damage To Exposed Surfaces|
|Includes||2 Casters, 20 Ft Drain Hose, Collapsible Handle|
- Feature touch pad controls, auto operation with humidistat, overflow indicator, and 12-ft. power cord (5KNZ5 has 20-ft. power cord with storage). Collection pumps on 5KNZ5 (20 ft. of vertical lift) and 5EAJ5 (10 ft. of vertical lift). 5EAJ4 and 5KNZ5 have hour timer. 5KNZ5 has stainless steel cabinet. 5EAJ3 has 4 casters.
- All are IPX2 rated. ETL Listed for Canada; 5KNZ5 also ETL Listed for U.S.
- Industrial/Commercial Dehumidifiers
- For areas with extreme moisture problems.
- Ambient temp. range: 40 to 95 F 20-ft. drain hose Washable air filter
Average Product Rating: 5based on 1 reviews
The perfect solutionTuesday, August 30, 2011
I ordered this dehumidifier online from Drillspot. It was delivered in one business day (which was a welcome surprise since I paid $1.50 for expedited shipping. It was packaged very well, and took about 5 minutes to unpack, set up and begin dehumidifying my garage workshop. This was my planned solution to rust accumulation on tools and parts. The shop is only 350 Sq.Ft., is fully enclosed and insulated. However, it contains a CNC Vertical Machining Center with an open coolant sump containing 30 gallons of coolant (90% water). This resulted in 70%+ humidity and a tendency to promote rust. The dehumidifier brought the RH down to 40% (my setpoint of choice) and there is no longer any dampness. I have extracted a measured total of 25 gallons of condensate in just the first week. No more damp concrete floor - no more cold/damp surfaces and no more rust problems. I should add that Drillspot's deal was the best available.
It is nicely made, it works well, it's quiet, it has a digital humidistat to control it, and it has an automatic pump to empty the condensate container outside through a provided hose (although I used a stronger reunforced hose to avoid having it get easily crimped).
I hope for reliability and longevity, but it is too soon to tell if that is to be. No problems so far.