|Insulation Nominal I.D.||5/8"|
|Copper Tube Size (Nom. I.D. Plumbing)||1/2"|
|Copper Tube Size (O.D. HVAC/R)||5/8"|
|Iron Pipe Nominal Size||3/8"|
|Temp. Range||-297 to 220 Degrees F|
|Approx. ''R'' Factor||7.2|
|Material of Construction||Elastomeric|
|Green Environmental Attribute||Product Contributes To Reducing Energy Consumption|
|Green Certification or Other Recognition||GREENGUARD Certified|
- California Proposition 65 Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Pipe Insulation
- Unslit tubing can be slit lengthwise and fit over existing pipes. Seal with 3F417 contact adhesive, see page 4303.
- Elastomeric material retards heat loss, prevents condensation, and provides effective moisture vapor resistance. Environmentally friendly and CFC-free. Mold- and mildew-resistant, fiber-free, and nondusting. Can be used in underground applications above the water table. Seal before back-filling.
- Meet ASTM C 411, C 534 Type 1, D 1056-00-2B1, and E 84 2" 25/50 test11ed according to UL 723 and NFPA 255. CAN/ULC S102-M88, FMRC 2006 Approval Guide Chapter 14, NFPA 90A Sect. 2.3.3, and FM Approved. Meet UL 94-5V Flammability Classification (Recognition E300774) and UL 181 Sections 11.0 and 16.0.
- 6-ft. lengths
- Temp. range: -297 to 220 F MIL-P-15280, for tubing
- Flexible Elastomeric (Rubber) Closed-Cell Pipe and Fitting Insulation
Average Product Rating: 3based on 1 reviews
Pipe Insulation AppearanceTuesday, January 24, 2012
This is fairly unusual, I suppose, but I bought this insulation for use as padding on a hands-free video camera rig. So appearance is more important for me than it would be for someone who's just using it to insulate a pipe that nobody every sees. I am happy with the padding the piece provides, but not happy with the exterior appearance and numerous scuffs in the exterior.
It is soft but firm in the padding department, fairly good for its intended purpose here
I wish there was a way, even if it costs a little bit more, to request a cosmetically clean piece of insulation when it's being used for DIY camera rigs and other such purposes